We provide help for athletes of all types. From the competitive to the recreational to the “everyday” athlete. Acupuncture for sports injuries can improve healing time and get you back to doing what you love.
The Everyday Athlete
What’s an everyday athlete? People doing active stuff as part of their daily routine. Some events include:
- dead-lift a toddler or laundry basket
- 50 metre sprint to catch the bus
- pitch a game of fetch for the dog
- pushing a stroller or grocery cart
- besting your w.p.m on a last minute essay
All our daily activities can leave us at risk of a “sports” injury. Regardless of how you got the injury it still benefits from some extra care to improve your healing.
Acupuncture for Sports Injuries
We’re here to help. Each new injury gets a thorough assessment to determine the nature and scope of the problem. Adding Traditional Chinese Medicine adds another layer of understanding of how the body works. It provides a framework for determining how or why your body might have been susceptible to injury and gives a place to begin healing from.
After the assessment we will work with you to develop a treatment plan that you can follow. Your treatment plan may include a variety of therapies to ensure you get the best possible care. We offer a full range of acupuncture, massage and athletic therapy.
What We Treat
Acupuncture for sports injuries can improve healing of a wide variety of injuries. Some common examples include:
- muscle aches and strains (eg/ Rotator cuff tear)
- tendon injuries (eg/ Tennis or Golfer’s Elbow)
- ligament sprains or tears (eg/ ACL tear in the knee or ankle sprain)
- overuse injuries (eg/ Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- muscle spasms
- low back pain
If you have body aches and pains or a sports injury and would like some help call us today to schedule an assessment and get on the road to recovery.
Read a few of our blog posts for more information on how acupuncture can help with your sports injury: